As Russ knows, I don't like to spend time on "plagiarism" in my classes,
and I haven't had much trouble with it lately mainly because my students
are working on individual projects of their choice and I'm involved in
their work at every stage. However, just this past term I had an
astonishing case: a graduate student (!) copied sections from MY article
that was a REQUIRED reading for the course. I asked her why she'd done
it and she said that it was her attempt to put something together to
submit by the (extended) deadline. I asked her to resubmit and she
reworked it-- not brilliantly, but without copying.

Natasha