I was reading a modern Russian novel the other day, and in the foreword
the editor was saying that in this novel a reader would find hidden
quotes from various famous Russian authors whose names were then listed.
 I am sure any of us can provide multiple examples
of "borrowing" from other authors in literature, music, film, even in
academic papers. Why are we so obsessed with student plagiarism?

Natasha