Here's another interesting case in the plagiarism point:

I was recently serving on a search committee for a Lecturer at our
University. We had a healthy pool of applicants and waded through many
  teaching dossiers. When one person's dossier started to sound
familiar, one of my colleagues typed a phrase into google. He found
the teaching dossier as a "sample" offered by a U.S. University as
part its instructions on teaching dossiers.  In all, we found four who
  had partially or largely plagiarized from such sources.

I suppose this is just another instance of the "game" and taking the
risk. The stakes were indeed high. We thoroughly checked the top 10
contenders. Several disappeared from our consideration.

Plagiarism isn't just a problem for our students.  Most of those were
already employed in the university system somewhere.

I would have thought that those writers would have had plenty of
exigence for their own ideas. Apparently not.

Rob