(With apologies for cross-posting)

Call for Papers and Presentations

NARRATIVE MATTERS 2008
An Interdisciplinary Conference on Narrative Research, Perspectives,
    Practices and Issues

Theme: Storying the World
Location: University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dates: May 7-10, 2008
Deadline: June 22, 2007

As humans we continually story our experiences. We construct our world
through our personal, community, institutional and political narratives.
The 2008 Narrative Matters conference theme aims to explore all of these
narrative sites. Narrative continues to gain recognition as something
people do, use and research. The Narrative Matters conference provides a
meeting place for people interested in doing, using and researching
narrative in diverse contexts and fields. The blurring and crossing of
boundaries catalyzes discussion and inquiry at Narrative Matters
conferences.

We invite proposals for papers, presentations or participatory sessions
on a variety of topics around the practice, use and research of
narrative. We encourage proposals that take advantage of the nature of
narrative. Proposals should be sent using our web page form by June 22,
2007. Proposal, and the presentations themselves, can be in either
English or French. /Les propositions, ainsi que les communications
elles-mêmes; peuvent être en anglais ou en francais./

http://www.narrativematters.com/guidelines.html

Please include the following:

* title, 300 word abstract
* name, institutional affiliation including department when applicable
* format of presentation (paper, discussion, participatory,
      performance, multi-media)
* equipment needs (PowerPoint, overheads, tape recorders, DVD, other)
* contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, phone and
      fax numbers

Formats for presentations:

* single paper (30 minutes total): report on ideas, research, work in
      progress or other projects
* symposium (90 minutes): a collection of papers on a single topic or
      theme, usually including a discussant
* multi-media (30-90 minutes)

For more information: Dr. Tracey Bowen, [log in to unmask]