About the patches:

The rotigotine patch (Neupro) has been available in the European market since March 2006 for the treatment of early-stage idiopathic Parkinson's disease as a monotherapy. On Jan. 17, 2007, SCHWARZ PHARMA announced marketing authorization in Europe for the Neupro patch to be used in the treatment of ALL STAGES of Parkinson's Disease.
In the U.S. Schwarz Pharma received an approvable letter from the FDA on February 28, 2006, but is still waiting for the actual FDA approval.
ND0601 - a Transdermal Delivery System for levodopa -  is being developed by NeuroDerm, in Israel."The system uses a movable patch,  is non-invasive and is intended to be practical for long-term use. It is hoped that the patch, through continuous transdermal delivery, will overcome the short half-life of levodopa and should be able to minimize, or even reverse, dyskinesias and other disabling late motor complications associated with long term oral levodopa administration in advanced Parkinson's disease.  The patch is attached to the skin without adhesive, and the patient can change the location of the patch to suit his or her comfort needs. ""On January 31, 2007, NeuroDerm announced that it has completed a pilot clinical trial of ND0601, the first transdermal skin patch for the continuous delivery of levodopa. The company received a $490,000 grant from the Michael J Fox Foundation.
 (from Parkinson Pipeline Project database)

-- Sidney Jeffe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Yesterday I heard a neurologist speak that I thought was very good.
  He seemed to think that the ragaline patch--would probably be approved in a couple of months.He said that the"sinement" patch was really going to be an asset for many people.I gather the trials have already been completed.He referred to it as exciting.However, it probably would be 5 0r 6 years before the FDA would be approving it.

  I',m not certain if Teva developed this patch or not.

  Does anyone have any information to share?

  Thanks

  Lorraine Jeffe