didn't shoot first :)

Amanda-- you make a good point -- at least at certain dark  times in U.S. history -- and especially during the last 6 years...
Linda

In a message dated 08/05/2007 07:05:46 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

From :  Forbes May 7, 2007
A Paradigm Shift For Medical Research

by Michael  J. Fox 05.07.07, 6:00 AM ET

The U.S. was founded on the radical notion  that by independently pursuing
our dreams we can build a future that's better  for everyone. That's why it's
always been home to great thinkers and doers,  risk-takers and
entrepreneurs--people who insist on questioning the status quo  and finding a better path
forward. That insistence, individual and collective,  has made this country a world
leader in many fields, including science and  technology....