Gerry:

I don't know if you remember me.  We met at the NIH Clinical Center a couple of
years ago when Brig was my "roommate".  You told me about this list and other
PD-related activities.  I helped you navigate the bedside computers and offered
some advice on dealing with the Government's travel-expense reimbursement
system.

The fact that I remember this shows what a strong impression you made.

We dealt with similar issues when my father entered a nursing home for
Alzheimer's, though it's a lot harder for a spouse.  Now, his younger sister,
one of my favorite aunts, has recently entered one, and she will miss the
engagement party this weekend for her grandson.

Some advice:  Monitor his care.  The staff will respond better if they know
somebody is watching.  I am not being critical, but it's a fact of life.

Also, don't feel guilty about taking the opportunity to enjoy life.  You have
certainly earned it!