Amanda Boxtel
May 16th, 2007 by Casey McConnell
I am a 39 year old paraplegic woman who will undergo embryonic stem cell
injections in India this summer. I will have stem cells taken from a human
embryo injected into my site of injury on my spine and also intramuscularly.
Over seventy spinal cord injured individuals have shown radical success with
regards to regaining bladder/bowel function; sensation; and muscle growth.
I am an intelligent woman who has researched all of the facts so I could
make a well-informed decision.  My mother first learned about this procedure
a few weeks ago from an Australian woman who has the same spinal cord injury
as me and is up on her legs walking with the assistance of braces.  Her name
is Sonya Smith and her story can be found at this link:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0%2C%2C30200-1260433%2C00.html.
 I spoke with Sonya Smith over the telephone last night.   She is being
interviewed by the Australian 60 Minutes next week.  She will then leave
India on May 10th.  She was encouraging and inspiring.  I am more excited
than ever to proceed, raise the necessary funds, and begin treatment.
Dr. Geeta Shroff is a 41 year old doctor who is leading this treatment
program in Delhi.  Her expertise is in fertility and from that she devised
this new method of extracting stem lines from one human embryo to inject
into patients with all types of incurable prognosis' or terminal illnesses.
She has filed for a patent on her technology, which she will then share with
the world.
 I have meditated on this decision, and I feel that it is my calling to go,
give the treatment a try and see what I have to gain.  Apparently, in the
five years of treatment, Dr. Shroff hasn't had ANY negative side effects in
her spinal cord injured patients (no teratomas-or non-malignant tumors that
have formed with other stem cell research around the world).
 My greatest challenge at this stage is to raise the necessary funds to make
the trip possible (and I am starting from scratch.zero dollars.).  The cost
is US$30,000, which includes the treatment, lodging, meals, and physical
therapy for two months.  I will also need to raise enough money for
airfares.  My plan is to leave as soon as possible-June 20, 2007.
An account has been set up at Alpine Bank for individuals to make direct
deposits:
Alpine Bank
PO Box 349
Basalt, CO 81621
Tel:  (970) 927-3101
Alpine Bank Routing Number: 102103407
Account Number:  5050053392
Please make checks payable to:  Amanda Boxtel or Stem Cell Therapy in India
 Checks may also be sent to:
Amanda Boxtel
PO Box 3767
Basalt, CO 81621
USA
 I am nervously excited.and will try to leave without any expectation but
simply that I am giving it a shot.  Although I am extremely content in my
life.I cannot leave this stone unturned.
 You may learn more about me and my story by visiting my website at
www.AmandaBoxtel.com.  My memoir is complete and is titled Pivotal
Awakenings. Perhaps my visit to India will become the final chapter to my
life's dance on wheels.
 With so much gratitude,
Amanda Boxtel