The Audio-Visual Walker is definately not a magic fix that works for
everybody. Among the people that are helped, some show an immediate big
improvement while others show a small improvement and need to spend more
time practicing to see results. The people that are helped by it are the
ones that report that they can notice a difference when they focus on visual
cues in their environment. For instance, when walking over a high contrast
tiled floor, crossing the street on a cross walk or walking up stairs. We
have found that practicing with a virtual image produces better results then
practicing over a real tiled floor. Also, practicing with the virtual image
produces a residual effect. We believe this has to do with imprinting the
helpful image which can then be used by the imagination to help walking when
needed.

   Some instructions on practicing with cues are given here:
http://www.gaitaidmedical.net/rightForYou.html
If you find that your walking is improved, then spend some time daily
practicing with the cues. When you find yourself in trouble walking without
cues, imagine the object you practiced with infront of you and walk over the
imagined object.

I apoligize in advance if you find the following inappropriate for this
group. If you are uninterested please don't read on.
We have been working hard to reduce the prices of the device to make it more
affordable to the public that can actually benefit from it. It is still
quite expensive at $1000. If anyone know of procedures for getting approved
by medical insurance coverage / medicaid, please forward information as I
haven't learned how to do this yet. We are looking into allowing person to
person donations inorder to make the device more affordable to people who
cannot afford it. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear from you!
Please email me with any information/suggestions/requests:
[log in to unmask] instead of replying to this group so not to bother
everyone with unwanted information. Thank you, and have a great day! Amir