Dear Jo-Anne,

Your student is in the right location and the right frame of mind to
take courses in the Professional Writing and Communication Program at U
of T Mississauga. Guy Allen has based the program on an expressivist
pedagogy, and students often go on to journalism afterwards. The first
course, WRI203H5 (Expressive Writing) sometimes transforms students'
writing and their sense of who they are as writers. Your student can see
a list of courses at
http://www.utoronto.ca/writing/courses.html#professional, and more links
on the program website at
http://www.erin.utoronto.ca/~w3profwr/UTMPWCWebsite/index.htm.

Margaret.

--
Margaret Procter, Ph.D.
University of Toronto Coordinator, Writing Support