I've been asked to suggest some readings on 'writing and voice' and/or 'writing
and power' for students to read in a course on 'skills' in our Social Work
program.  I don't know much about the course, but I have been working with
instructors in SOWK, so far on formulating good assignments.  Their rapidly
expanding program has students ranging in age from 17 to 40+, and is very
diverse.  The writing problems are legion meaning, I gather, that only a
minority of the students are able to submit a coherent and relatively
well-written paper sans plagiarism. I think the course in question is being
designed to encourage students to take their writing seriously and work at
improving it. (I've not seen the outline, however).

I am grateful for your suggestions.
Leslie Sanders
York U