>Medical notes: Parkinson's Disease
>The researchers speculate this may be to do with the monkeys beginning to
>reject foreign tissue, and suggested that further research would need to be
>done suppressing their immune systems.
>Dr Kieran Breen, Director of Research and Development for the Parkinson's
>Disease Society, urged caution.
>"These results are from a very early stage pre-clinical trial using an
>animal model of Parkinson's," he said.
>"Further trials are needed to establish whether similar results are seen in
>people who have Parkinson's."

I wonder why they didn't do this experiment using monkey stem cells?
Good way to test the immune response hypothesis and to see if the
stem cells still defend the existing cells or begin to replace them.
That said, I still have doubts about stem cell therapies. Since we
still don't know what triggers the Pd process isn't adding stem cells
a bit like throwing more wood onto a burning barn and then claiming
success because the fire takes longer to consume the structure.
--
Steve Rack

Brattleboro VT