Bush Planning on using "Divine" Intervention

Rev.BigDumbChimp had this post on his blog. Bush intends on vetoing a bill
to loosen the restrictions on embryonic stem cell research. Forget all the
people (voters) suffering from Alzheimers, Parkinson's, and diabetes. Forget
that British scientists plan on using stem cells to cure blindness. Any
chance of the U.S. catching up with the rest of the world is being pushed to
the side, because a bunch of cells that will likely be destroyed is more
important than a living person's comfort and quality of life.

Between stem cells research and other issues, I believe our President has
forgotten the Bill of Rights. For those of you who don't understand, here's
a reminder:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech,
or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to
petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I think the Eighth Amendment also applies:

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor
cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

Yes, this normally applies to prisoners, but there is no restriction on that
in the Bill of Rights. Also, the cruelty isn't just limited to those
suffering from these afflictions. What about their families, friends, and
caregivers? Denying scientists the right to research the possibility of this
is not only inconscionable, but criminal.

Click here to tell Bush to stop obstructing the will of the American people
and Congress. Tell him to sign the lifesaving Stem Cell Research Enhancement
Act.
Posted by Berlzebub at 8:17 AM