In a message dated 18/06/2007 07:01:57 GMT Standard Time,  [log in to unmask]
writes:

Just for  the fun of it I looked this up and learned the story did appear in
The  Houstin Cronicle but was impossible to verify.   It also appeared in  a
book by a rabbi where the string broke in the middle of a performance,  not
the beginning.  The claim was made that Midori, a Japanese  world-class
violinist, actually did this and that it was not  impossible.

The power of the story is still very much
alive in  recent comments of Yanni fans on it below.  True or untrue it  still
begs the question, "what can we do now?"
Ray

Yanni  Fan
Posted 11 May 2007 12:52 PM Hide Post

A wonderful tribute to  quite a man and to our abilities as well. Yes many
times we all have felt 3  strings instead of four. Now it is our
responsibility, as human beings, to  make the beautiful music sing within us.
We can even surprise ourselves by  pulling from the depths, our inner core
and not giving up. The world is  more than we can know but we can know
ourselves better and demonstrate the  beauty each human being holds within.
We all have many things laying  dormant and until we make the human effort in
thought and deeds we cannot  really truly know all the potential in ourselves
and the beautiful  outcomes.

Thanks for sharing this and much food for thought for all.  Wonderful!

Love, Dara
Love Reflected In Love. How Simple. It  encompasses all.

Linda  aka Roadrunner For Yanni
Yanni Fan

Posted 11 May 2007 12:54 PM Hide  Post

Kathy, this story gave me goose bumps. I love it! The end reminded  me of
what a counselor told me decades ago, when my boys were getting  into
trouble, & I was trying to deal with my life. He said, "you have  to make the
best possible situation with the environment you are in". Those  words stuck
with me, but you reminded me again, that we can do the best we  can with what
we have.

Thank you!
Linda aka Roadrunner for  Yanni
Yannitude Director

Everyday is a "new" day, full of  opportunities, adventure and a chance to
make your dreams come  true.

Rachel Terry
Yanni Fan

Posted 11 May 2007 01:01 PM Hide  Post

Kathy I think that my guardian angel prompted you to post this  today. Sorry
if I make typos but I can barely see my keyboard for the  tears. I have been
feeling rather down about my life lately. I think I  needed a reminder of all
the blessings that I do have and that I have to  keep on fighting the good
fight despite those that I have lost.

That  was simply uplifting.
.
Never lose sight of your dreams.

you  stole my reply, Rachel! so....ditto.

K60 - that was truly a wonderful  story and it is so true that we sometimes
have to just play it on what is  left. It reminds us to stop fretting about
the fourth string (what is not  there anymore) and focus on what we do have
to work with.

I think  that fourth string was my mind snapping in my life, though. Think I
can  still make music without it? Yeah..me too.

It isn't the problems,  trials, tribulations, or roadblocks in life that
matter. It is how we  handle them and choose to overcome and get through them
that  matter.

Kathy60
Yanni Fan

Posted 16 May 2007 02:15 AM  Hide Post

Most of the time, I am not playing with four  strings...

...I might be one string short of a  violin...

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter  National Parkinson's  Foundation

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

The thought does occur that surely a professional would check the strings
before a performance and replace any dodgy ones (and probably carry  spares).