I hope things are much better for your husband and you, Lynn.  My husband is also having a crisis, so my son from Idaho came down to help me for a couple of weeks.  Elaine

"Walker, Lynn" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Thanks, we will try this.  He was diagnosed 15 years ago, but muscle spasms are a new symptom that is quite challenging.
lw

-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network on behalf of Amanda Phillips
Sent: Sat 6/9/2007 5:06 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Need PD doc for emergency in Idaho

[log in to unmask] writes:

My  husband with advanced PD is visiting his sister in Emmett Idaho and
is in  terrible pain with unrelenting muscle spasms.  Does anyone know of
a  physician he could see in Idaho?  Boise and Twin Falls are  nearby
cities.

Thank you!

lw

Lynn S. Walker,  Ph.D.

Professor of Pediatrics

Director, Division of Adolescent  Medicine

and Behavioral Science

Vanderbilt  Children's Hospital

11128 Doctors' Office Tower

Nashville TN  37232-9060

Phone:

FAX:   615-936-0252

www.walkerlab.org

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

no, but get him a 'Tens' machine - electronic solpadine pain relief.
wonderful devices - they reduce scream-level cramps to irritation level and
then fade them away.

drawback is the effect isn't permanent.

However - don't put the pads over a major organ.