[log in to unmask] writes:

> Why  do I stop shaking when really absorbed in playing music ?  There  isn't
> much time for brain chemistry to change - the doctors just  said 'you must
>  be mistaken -no\I'm not.

There are  definitely weird things attached to PD. JOhn had a very bad bout
of
panick  attacks + dyspneia during the winter. These attacks were really
frightening and we couldnīt relate them to the treatment and the various
doses of sinemet.
One night he woke me up once again to tell me one  attack was on its way. I
don
īt like being wakened up, especially when I  cannot do anything about it so,
half asleep, I told John to recite a poem.  He was a little surprised but he
started to recite the bits he could  remember from Tennysonīs Lady of Shalot.
Whether the Lady did something or  the use of a forgotten part of his brain
affected the rest of it, I donīt  know but that was the beginning of the end
of these dreadful panick  attacks. From then on, he waited firmly for them to
reappear and  confronted them with new passages of the poem. Worked....so far.
maryse cg  JOhn  78,18

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

panic attacks - breathing into a paper bag (not plastic) is an old remedy
but does work, possibly due to embarrasment caused....shame it won't fix the  pd.