[log in to unmask] writes:

Hi, Just  an update for those of you who are interested. I have been using
Rotigotine  Transdermal patches for several weeks now, as an alternative to
Mirapex..I  started on the lowest dose 2mg/24hr, and am now on the highest dose
8mg/24hrs.  The most obvious benefit is a big reduction in duration and strength
of  dyskenesia, it is still there, but much less of a problem. also it means
3  less tablets per day.The negative points are, off times are now really off,
 can't walk or get out of my chair, so I have had to increase the frequency
Madopar from 3 times a day to 4 times a day to try and counter this. Also I
find it is difficult to make the
patches stay in place, have had to use  insulating tape to ensure that they
stay on.
Conclusion: on balance I would  say it has been a worthwhile change, if only
because of the drastic reduction  of the hated dyskenesia.

That's all folks.
any questions please  ask.

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn
Nigel

I've been using the 2mg patches for a year,along with mirapex, to help with
stiffness first thing in the morning, it helps to varying degrees - dead right
 about the patches coming off, especially due to  sweat.