In a message dated 28/06/2007 07:07:18 GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

Kay,
could you please give us the link or let us know where you  found this
information?
The good news is when I first started  advocating the amount of
federal funding per Parkinson's patient in  1994 amounted to $26 per
person...
Amazing how short sighted  (i.e. ignorant, stupid) the government is
when it comes to  spending... if they spent enough to cure these
diseases everyone  would come out ahead.
Nina
"Circumstances determine our  lives, but we shape our lives by what we
make of our  circumstances."

On Jun 24, 2007, at 1:16 AM, Kay Mixson  Jenkins wrote:

> Gee, wonder who allocated the  amounts.
>

> Disease
> 2007 NIH
>  Research $$
> Deaths
> Per Disease
> $$ Per Patient
>  Death
> $$ Per  Patient
> AIDS
> 2.9   Billion
> 16,316  (a)
> $ 178,046 $  3,052
>  Parkinson’s  Dis.
> 205  Million
> 18,018   (f)
> $  11,377  $    136
> Alzheimer’s   Dis.
> 642  Million
> 65,829  (d)
> $    9,752 $     143
> Prostate  Cancer
> 347   Million
> 27,350  (e)
> $  12,687 $      182
> Diabetes
> 1 Billion
> 72,815  (c)
>  $  13,939 $       50
> Cardiovascular   Dis.
> 2.3  Billion
> 930,000   (b)
> $   2,517 $        38
> Hepatitis  B
> 36  Million
> 5,000  (h)
> $   7,200 $     29
> Hepatitis  C
> 121 Million
> 12,000   (g)
> $ 10,166 $      25  COPD * 66 Million  126,128  (i) $       500
> $   5
> West Nile  V.(2005)
> 63  Million
> 161  (j)
> $390,304
>  $14,932
>

>  ************************************** See what's free at http://
>  www.aol.com.

>  To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
>  mailto:[log in to unmask]
> In the body of the message put:  signoff  parkinsn

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:  mailto:[log in to unmask]
In the body of the message put:  signoff parkinsn

I've always wondered - when the weatherman says xx inches of rain fell -  who
stood out there with a ruler ?

  -  sorry, folks, I''ll grow up one day ......

Amanda