Dear colleagues,

I've been asked by a contact at UBC to broadcast this position.  My
apologies if some of you receive this twice.

Best,
Amanda Goldrick-Jones, Writing Services Coordinator
SFU Student Learning Commons

======

> Faculty of Applied Science
>
> Centre for Professional Skills Development
>
> Sessional Lecturer:  Term Appointment
>
> The Centre for Professional Skills Development
> requires a sessional lecturer to teach the
> following course to second-year engineering students:
>
> Term 1 (Sept. - Dec 2007)
> APSC 201: Technical Communication
>
> Candidates must have a post-graduate degree in
> English, preferably in rhetoric, composition, or
> the equivalent; qualified candidates in a related
> field, such as Education, will also be
> considered.  Experience is required teaching
> technical communication or composition at the university level.
>
> Candidates must include with their letter of application:
--curriculum vitae (detailing post-secondary teaching experience)
--names of three referees
--statement of teaching philosophy

> All positions are subject to funding.
> Applications should be submitted by July 20,
> 2007. Please send complete packages to
>
> Dr. Robert Hall
> Centre for Professional Skills Development
> Faculty of Applied Science
> The University of British Columbia
> 5000 - 2332 Main Mall
> Vancouver BC  V6T 1Z4
>
> The University of British Columbia hires on the
> basis of merit and is committed to employment
> equity. We encourage all qualified persons to
> apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents
> of Canada will be given priority. Please indicate
> clearly on your application whether you are legally entitled to work in
Canada.

--
*~*Gramarye/Glamour/Grammar:  the power to bewitch and enchant through the
learned use of spoken and written language.*~*