X-Posted to PERFORM and REED-L

I just got the new brochure from the Folger Library for its 2007-2008 theater season, and they are producing The Second Shepherds Play Dec. 12-30.  I don’t know if they’ve ever done a medieval play before, but this is a nice Christmas offering.  It stars Holly Twyford, presumably as Gill. Twyford has won the Washington theater community’s Helen Hayes Award several times and is a fine actress.  Anybody within driving distance of D.C. should consider seeing this play.  It’s too bad most people’s semester will be over, so we won’t be able to bring students.

Alan B.

P.S. On a quasi-medieval note, the Folger is mounting Macbeth from February 28-April 6 with my good friend Kate Eastwood Norris as Lady M.  Kate is probably the greatest actress I have ever seen in the flesh and is as good as anyone I’ve ever seen anywhere, so I can confidently recommend her performance in advance.  Don’t miss it.  Oh, and the magic is designed by Teller of Penn & Teller.