Marsha,
It is good to hear from you and believe me I hear you.  Thank you for your
kind words.  I think anyone who doesn't get depressed needs to have her head
examined.

I too worry about my end days, and maybe it is denial but you just never
know what might happen.  This uncertainty is what I hate about PD; however I
must admit I never thought I'd be without tremors.  After my DBSs in 2003 my
voice started to go.  Something weird has happened.  When I had surgery last
Monday to replace batteries my neurosurgeon supposedly reprogrammed me.
When I came to I couldn't speak at all hardly and I felt awful.  However
when my neurologist's associate doctor came to hospital to program me
because of my bitching, he said left NT was perfect but right one was OFF.
When he programmed the right NT my voice was immediately better than it has
been in a long, long time.

My parents died painful deaths as did my grandparents (papa had PD) but my
paternal grandmother's twin sister died sitting in her rocker one morning at
an old age.   I hope I will be like Aunt Gertie but you just never know.  In
the meantime I feel lucky to have such fine people as yourself and others to
share this journey.
Ray
Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation