Sunday, July 8, 2007
Support Groups
number of years ago I called parkinson's a designer disease. The phrase has
caught on. I coined it because parkinson's affects each person differently.
It also affects those who care for those afflicted with the disease. Support
groups are critical for both those with parkinson's and those who care for
them. Hopefully, these links will prove to be some help.
Support Groups
Locate Support Groups by Area Code This page consists of a map of the United
States that displays area codes that are links to support groups located
within that area.
Locate Support Groups by State Support groups could be anything from a group
of four or five people meeting at one another's house once a month to
discuss what they have learned about Parkinson's Disease to a
metropolitan-wide organization with paid employees that has formal meetings
at regular intervals and multiple meeting places for physical therapy or
even "neighborhood" discussion groups.
Virtual Parkinson's Support Group Subscribe to The PIENet - PARKINSN List
On-line. PIEN is the Parkinson Information Exchange Network. It consists of
a ListServ where people with Parkinson's can speak to and share information
with others who have Parkinson's.
Posted by manc at 11:20 AM

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation