research using in-vitro stem cells. An accurate picture of what is happening
in this field of research. Releasing our right to recover one cell at a
time.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Bush War on Science
Dear Editor:

There is a war besides the one in Iraq going on in the United States. It is
the Bush War on Science. His administration has excluded scientists from
policy discussions, slashed funding for scientific research, disregarded the
recommendations of science advisory panels and pressured scientists to
change the conclusions of studies that didn't support White House policy.

The Bush vetoes of embryonic stem cell research against the will of the
American people are especially egregious. At least 524 patient advocacy
groups, scientific organizations and universities urged him to sign both
Stem Cell Research Enhancement Acts, HR 810 and S5, but he has stubbornly
persisted in his war on the sick and suffering.

A minority of Bronze Age "theologians" like David Prentice, James Dobson,
Pat Robertson and their disciples have been allowed to dictate the kind of
science that will be pursued and supported by our government. As a result of
restrictions placed on embryonic stem cell research pushed by this band of
charlatans, we may be forced to go to more enlightened places like Israel,
Singapore, or the UK for help.

All while Senator Brownback of Kansas works assiduously to criminalize the
research and punish patients who get treatment elsewhere with huge fines and
imprisonment.

MR. BUSH, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL YOU HAVE ERECTED AROUND SCIENCE.

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member,
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation [log in to unmask]
Posted by Yvonne Perry at 8:00 AM
Labels: Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act
0 comments:
Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation