Below is an excerpt from an article sent to me by Diane.  For the Phase I
and standard therapies it listed leukemias and blood cancers and disorders.
The PD nerve cell repair citation below under "Experimental" took me to
MJFox's site with nothing about cord blood treatment for PD.Ray

Experimental Treatments
These are diseases for which stem cell treatments have not been proven to
have any efficacy in human beings. In a "Phase I" clinical trial, the
purpose of the study is to find out if the therapy makes any difference in
the course of the disease, as compared to a control group. Some doctors may
also be giving stem cells to patients in experiments outside of clinical
trials, but in the United States such experiments are subject to limitations
imposed by FDA regulations. This category also covers experiments in the
laboratory, either with cell cultures or animals.

Auto-Immune Diseases
Arthritis, Juvenile
Arthritis, Rheumatoid
Crohn's Disease
Diabetes, Type I
Evan Syndrome
Juvenile Dermatomyositis
Scleroderma

Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Gene Therapy (ie: Transplanting genetically altered stem cells)
Fanconi's Anemia
Metabolic Disorders (Leukodystrophy Diseases, Storage Disorders, etc.)
Parkinson's Disease

Nerve cell repair
Diseases of the Central Nervous System
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS, or "Lou Gehrig's disease")
Alzheimer's Disease
Huntington's Disease
Parkinson's Disease

Traumatic injury
Spinal cord injury
Stroke recovery

Organ repair

Kidney
Combined transplant of kidney plus hematopoietic stem cells
Growth of renal cells from hematopoietic stem cells

Liver
Growth of liver cells from hematopoietic stem cells

Next: Private Cord Blood Banks in the USA

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation