Apologies for cross-posting

August 12, 2007

The following job ad is posted at

http://www.carleton.ca/facultyrecruitment/positions/fass/798812.html
************
Faculty Position

School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies

The School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies at Carleton
University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Applied
Language Studies, at the level of Assistant Professor.

Applied Language Studies at Carleton University has a strong tradition
in both Writing Studies and Second Language Studies, as well as in
Discourse Studies and Literacy Studies. The successful applicant for
this position will contribute to our program in Writing Studies
(especially courses in academic and workplace writing) as well as to our
program(s) in Second Language Studies and/or Discourse Studies.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong commitment to scholarship as well
as excellence in teaching. The successful applicant will be expected to
teach both undergraduate and graduate courses in Applied Language
Studies, supervise graduate students, develop a program of research
leading to peer-reviewed publications, and contribute actively to
academic life in the School. The starting date for this position is July
1, 2008, and a Ph.D. in a field within Applied Language Studies must be
in hand by this date.

Letters of application should be accompanied by curriculum vitae, the
names of and contact information for three references, and a concise
dossier that includes two samples of scholarly work and evidence of
teaching effectiveness. Applicants are encouraged to consult the
School's website www.carleton.ca/slals/index.html and to include in
their letter of application an explicit indication of specific courses
they are prepared to teach, as well as a list of those they might wish
to develop. Review of applications will begin on October 22, 2007, but
will continue until the position is filled.

Carleton University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within
its community as a source of excellence, cultural enrichment, and social
strength. We welcome those who would contribute to the further
diversification of our faculty and its scholarship, including but no
limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons
with disabilities. We welcome applications from all qualified
candidates, although priority will be given to applications from
Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Applications should be submitted to: Dr. Randall Gess, Director, School
of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, 215 Paterson Hall, Carleton
University, 1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6.

--
Natasha Artemeva, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor

Tel.+1 (613) 520-2600 ext.7452