This is amazing.  From _New Jersey_ to beautiful BC?  Sure looks
like it:

http://view.fdu.edu/default.aspx?id=4003

On their web site, this gem: "We are the first non-Canadian
institution to gain approval under the new more stringent
standards adopted by British Columbia in 2003." Were there
others before these, um, "more stringent" standards were
introduced? The whole page, a triumphal note by the FDU
president, is worth reading.  Another sample: "I´m confident
that we will attract international students from throughout the
world, many of whom are unable to obtain visas to study in the
United States, but seek the rigor of an American university
degree program."

Rigor?

I confess to being alarmed by this: it sure looks like the
beginning of the Walmartization of postsecondary education to me
. . .

-- Russ

> This may of interest to some CASLL readers in Metro Vancouver.  (I didn't
> know FDU was opening a branch in Vancouver)

St. Thomas University
http://www.stu.ca/~hunt/