Are you folk trying to make me jealous ?? :)
Trying desperately to lose weight before I get mistaken for a balloon, just when excercise gives me
backache like crazy.

-----Original Message-----
From: Annette Barrackman <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 5.32am
Subject: Re: Weight Loss

My husband has also experienced significant weight loss and a newly-gained
capacity to NOT put on weight since the worsening of his Parkinson's
symptoms several years ago.  He currently takes 5 sinemet 25/100 + 5 sinemet
50/200 daily.  He has severe tremors (bilateral -- arms, hands, legs/feet +
head) and also has essential tremor (has action, intention and resting
tremors) and he has lost the most weight at the time when his tremors have
been the worst -- I think both because of calories burned through the
constant shaking and because of the fact that bad tremors make it difficult
for him to eat.  L-dopa related nausea/loss of appetite doesn't help.  He
also suffers from periodic episodes of severe depression (which are
sometimes associated with total loss of appetite and other times associated
with an uncontrollable urge to eat tons of ice cream).

Annette, wife & caregiver of Ken

Get a FREE AOL Email account with 2GB of storage.  Plus, share and store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions from your favourite artists. Find out more at http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.