Mary Ann,
Ken was on Inderal for a couple of years back when his essential tremor was
diagnosed in the late 1980s. He took Inderal again in the early 1990s; it
stopped working, he tried virtually every other beta-blocker and
anti-cholingergic
drug out there for the ET, eventually getting (in 1998) significant relief
from amantadine, although by that time, it was getting awfully difficult to
separate the ET from Parkinsons.  Amantadine stopped working after a couple
of years.  He does have extremely severe ET and early-onset rapidly
progressing Parkinsons (along with his other medical problems).  Was Jamie
27when diagnosed with PD or has he had it for 27 years?

Annette, cg Ken 55/49/44-42 with PD (ET diagnosed age 36 -- some of the
tremor may have been early PD)