The first part of this week a gremlin got in the listserv or posters
took a vacation.

Things should be back to normal now.

Let me remind you, if you haven't already discovered, that email sent
to the listserv in formats other than PLAIN TEXT are rejected. We
have it set up this way so that messages are the smallest size to
transmit that helps our international friends who pay to be online by
the minute and have monthly download limits.

In your email program is an option to send plain text, which
generally isn't the default. The default out of the box is generally
to send messages in HTML. HTML format messages allow different fonts
or backgrounds and pictures.

Attachments are not permitted. If you need to send information, copy
it and paste it into the body of your message. Most articles have a
PRINT copy of the same information without the ads. Copy that
information and paste it into the BODY of your posting.

The SPAM defenses of the listserv are quite good, rejecting about 150
SPAM messages a day to Parkinsn.

Parkinsn messages are delivered to you after midnight Toronto Canada,
local time. Messages received by the listserv up to that time are
distributed. There is a period from midnight to 6:00 AM Toronto time
that messages are distributed as they are received, LIVE. Messages
received at the listserv from 6 in the morning until midnight are
saved to be distributed after midnight.

Remember, If you are in doubt that you have received all of the
messages look on the website and compare the messages.

http://parkinsons-information-exchange-network-online.com/maillist.html

If you bookmark addresses, save this one because the address of the
maillist page changes every three months.

On the maillist page you can change your Parkinsn email options.
Clicking on the appropriate button opens your email program and
composes the correct commands to the listserv. All you have to do is SEND.

All of the Parkinsn email messages since our inception in 1993 are
indexed on the website, searchable from the search boxes on each page.

Barbara Patterson and I both appreciate your efforts to make Parkinsn
what it is to so many. THANK YOU!

John Cottingham
co-owner Parkinsn