Dear Mr. Combs,
I faced the same dilemma when I was told I had PD.  I was 54.  My wife put
me through such hell that the PD became a second place problem in my life.
Then I couldn't even get out of a chair without assitance.  But I was lucky.
  I met someone who truly cared for me despite my disability.  I am now
divorced and far more functional with my PD.  Last week I played tennis!  I
urge you to consider your options with your wife before the DBS.  You need
someone who can be a true caretaker in your life.  David

>From: Les Combs <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: DBS -  your experiences
>Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:56:43 -0700
>
>My neurologist has suggested DBS.  I'm turning 60 next month.  I have not
>developed tremors.  I've a lot of stiffness especially in the jaw and
>tension in my left leg.  Simple chores result in my back and I can only
>stand up doing them for only 5 or 10 minutes.  I take my meds 5 to 6 times
>per day with relief usually only a couple of hours.  I'm hoping part of it
>is just due to anxiety because my wife can't deal with the Parkinson's and
>wants a divorce.
>
>Those of you that have had DBS - what have your experiences been.  Tell me
>the good and the bad.

>To sign-off Parkinsn send a message to:
>mailto:[log in to unmask]

See what you’re getting into…before you go there
http://newlivehotmail.com/?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_viral_preview_0507