-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [M-R] Call for Papers
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 21:50:53 +0100
From: Laura Jacobus <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

With apologies for cross-posting, and a request for Adrienne and anyone
else
to pass this on.  The session is part of the larger conference of the
Assoc.
of Art Historians (GB) in London, 2-4 April, and the deadline is 16
November:

ART, PERFORMANCE AND PLACE C.1200-1500

The session explores the relationships between art, perfomance and place in
the late-medieval period. Papers should consider the inter-relationships
between art-objects or built environments and the liturgical, devotional,
civic, or dramatic perfomances which centred on them or moved through and
around them.  They might consider buildings and art-works as stages,
backdrops, props, or destinations, for religious or secular ritual and
spectacle. We especially welcome papers which adopt new or
interdisciplinary
methods which others working in the late medieval period may find useful in
thinking about their own research, and papers which present hitherto
unconsidered objects of study.

34th Association of Art Historians Annual Conference
Tate Britain, Tate Modern, and Chelsea College or Art & Design, London,
2 - 4 April 2008

Go to http://aah.org.uk/conference/index.php for a proposal form (deadline
16th November) and further details

Yours