Hi, Here is another update for those of you who are interested. I have been
using Neupro Rotigotine Transdermal patches since May 10th, as an
alternative to Mirapex..I started on the lowest dose 2mg/24hr, and am now on
the highest dose 8mg/24hrs. The most obvious benefit is a big reduction in
duration and strength of dyskenesia, it is still there, but much less of a
problem. also it means 3 less tablets per day.The negative points are, off
times are now really off, can't walk or get out of my chair, so I have had
to increase the frequency Madopar from 3 times a day to 4 times a day to try
and counter this. Also I find it is difficult to make the
patches stay in place, I have found that using strips of elasticated tubular
bandages ensures that they stay on. My Neuro' recently suggested I try
Entacapone as well, in an attempt to prolong the "On" times, but  all it has
done is increase the dyskenesia to an uncomfortable level., so I will stop
taking that.

Conclusion: On balance I would say it has been worthwhile changing onto
Rotigotine, if only because of the drastic reduction of the hated
dyskenesia., but the increase in severity of "Off " time is a big negative
point.

Nigel.