Hi,
  my name is Kristin and I am new to the list and to the PD community.  I am 49, married with two kids and own my on veterinary practice in Colorado.  I heard about PIEN when I read the book, When Parkinsons Strikes Early.  That was a great book to start my education and get me connected to a very supportive PD community.  I had some trouble signing up for PIEN at first, so I joined the yahoo PD list (plwp2) and found out what a great group of people this disease brings together!  It is nice not to have to go through this alone...

  Right now I am newly diagnosed and very mild, so I am able to function OK, I just have the usual worries about the future.  I have left sided tremors and a bit of loss of strength and coordination on that side, but not so much that it affects what I do.  I will ask a question that I asked the PLWP2 list, as I want to hear what others think.  I am struggling with how much to tell people.  It is in my nature to 'let it all hang out' so I will probably be quite open about it, but I do wonder how people will react.  Friends and family I am not too concerned about.  I am mostly concerned about what my staff at work and my clients (the pet owners) will think.  Will they think I am not capable?  I think right now I can, for instance, do surgery OK.  The tremor is in my nondominant hand, and I do not really notice it much during surgery.  I am sure that will change overtime and I will have to give up that aspect of my practice.

  I am not currently being treated for PD.  I do take propranolol which seems to diminish the trremors, probably by dimishing any anxiety I might have that aggravates the tremors.

  Looking forward to learning from you all!
  Kristin