Welcome Kristin!

You are off to a good start by reading Linda Herman's book, When Parkinson's
Strikes Early.  Linda is a personal friend of mine and works tirelessly in
advocacy and finding better treatments for Parkinson's and hopefully a cure.

PLWP (People Living With Parkinson's) is a great place, too.  That is where
I made my debut into cyber support.  And that is where I met a lady named
"Puff."

When Puff and I first met, she was emaciated, used a walker, and was
extremely dyskinetic (meaning she had volatile flailing of her entire body
(arms, legs, head, etc). Nothing helped.  She had trouble carrying on a
conversation.

Several years ago, Puff decided to have Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS).  She
had an infection with the first surgery, but second has worked so well that
she is back working.  She, too, is a veterinarian .

I just thought you would find this story interesting.  There is always hope.

Peggy