Denis Carr of Environment Canada and the Canadian Association on Water Quality asked me to circulate a call for papers for a conference they are sponsoring in February in Burlington (ON). Here is the relevant text:
____________
We hope to solicit theme suggestions from many
stakeholders. This year we are trying to move from a symposium that
solely showcases research, to one that provides various types of
information to municipal and regional stakeholders in a way they can
take home directly.

We aim to
discuss integral topics such as Social Marketing of water issues and
suggestions for Best Management Practices. We plan to bring in
scientists at the forefront of research; as well as, experts in
political studies, economics, and engineering in order to bridge (no
engineering pun intended) the gaps between scientific progress and
stakeholder implementation.__________

More information is at www.cawq.ca and http://www.cawq.ca/en/index.shtml

This is an opportunity for those of us who are interested in the rhetoric of the environment to speak directly to those involved in ensuring we have clean water.

Roger

Dr.  Roger Graves
Director of Writing and Technical & Professional Communication
University of Western Ontario
London, ON N6A 3K7
519.661.2111x85785