Hi Natasha,

Just since your fishing line isn't getting a lot of bites ... my
studies of legal language are far in the past, but two places I'd start
looking are with the International Association of Forensic Linguists -
their web site includes bibliographies
http://web.bham.ac.uk/forensic/IAFL/
And at Ethnomethodology and Conversation Analysis News, where the
Resources link could be searched for "law" "legal" and so on
http://www.paultenhave.nl/EMCA.htm

Of course the methodologies would depend on the questions being
studied, but ...

Richard

Richard Darville
School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies
Carleton University
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6
613-520-2600 x 4026
613-520-6641 fax