Hi Miriam,

I was very happy to renew an old relationship on such a lovely occasion. It was a pleasure to hear you expound on your dissertation, and now that I have had a chance to do a quick read, I am impressed with how you managed to pull together seemingly disparate yet highly relevant threads. Congratulations, Miriam!

Patrick

________________________________

From: CASLL/Inkshed on behalf of Anthony Paré, Dr.
Sent: Mon 10/29/2007 12:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DOCTOR Miriam Horne!

Dear Inkshedders,

I am very pleased to announce that Miriam Horne successfully (and eloquently) defended her dissertation on Friday, October 26. Her research, as many of you will know, was a study of inkshedding and Inkshed, and it's a must-read for anyone who has attended the conference, participated in inkshedding, used it in their teaching, or thought about the relationship between writing practices and community membership. It's a thoughtful and courageous piece of work. Let's hope Miriam finds a publisher.

Congratulations, Miriam!

Anthony

              http://www.stu.ca/inkshed/