i can empathize to a certain degree. not from AD but from health
limitations. twice in my life i have suffered lengthy illness. it can be very
discouraging. my two philosophies are "The beginner can learn everything." &
"Aspire to inspire before you expire." However i am not a medical doctor  nor
surgeon. i am a physicist with heavy training in electronics & materials
science. i developed an interest in neuroscience about 3 or 4 yrs ago. primarily
i work on nanomedicine type studies when able. i am now in the midst of the
second medical leave. so keep sharing your knowledge for you have much to
offer  doctor!
david