Describing the symptoms of Parkinson's to others is difficult. To try to explain the rigidity we experience has left me feeling that I have not communicated effectively. A few days ago, I had a flashback from when I was a teenager on a camping trip. It started raining, and I was soaking wet. I was so cold, I couldn't stop shivering. Performing any task was difficult. For me, the rigidity from Parkinson's is like the rigidity one experiences when very told and shivering - except I'm not cold and I'm not shivering.  Now multiply that by several hours a day - every day.