I just read in my Worst Pills Best Pills Newsletter that the EU's European
Medicines Agency warned about serious adverse events caused by Botox.  "The
main danger of concern was that the toxin was spreading from the original site
of injection to distant places in the body.  The adverse events caused by
this, some of which were fatal, include muscle weakness, dysphagia and
pneumonia."  The article mentions that the EMA required the Botox  manufacturers to
provide a "Dear Doctor" letter in which one phrase struck  me:"the need forr
extreme caution in vulnerable patients, i.e.,those with  neurological disorders or
a history of dysphagia or aspiration."

hope this is helpful.

Ellen