 Ellen,
We discontinued the use of Botox. Prior to the decision, I had phoned my mom's Neurologist and had reported that my mom had
numerous issues that may be contributed to the Botox such as, difficulty breathing (up to 30 minute period of wheezing, struggeling) and on numerous occasions, swelling on her face, blurred vision and lethargy. She also had a more difficult time talking, her speech therapist ended her sessions because of the this.  Her Neuro's rep, the RN,  basically denied any adverse side effects due to the Botox to me,.. stated "Botox would not interfere" in my mom's breathing, would not contribute to any aspiration"....
I countered with the information from the Botox site and listed the harmful side effects, all of which my mom was experiencing. Why the Denial?
  Also, my mother has advanced Parkinson's, broke her Sternum and has several fracture as a result of a bad fall....
Why would her Neurologist prescribe Botox in the first place when she is at risk because of the longevity of her disease and the injuries to her sternum/spine?
 Also noteworthy, my father and I have observed  ast he Botox wears off , there has been fewer breathing issues and no moreswelling on her face. She also is swallowing better and is more responsive cognitively, in better spirits.
Will keep you posted!

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative responses.
We so appreciate the support from this post.

with gratitude,
tess owens, daughter of Arzell Owens
                     "Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.
                                                                                                                   maya angelou