Hi everyone,

I'm researching the social construction of argumentation in the current
debates over global warming and climate change.  I'm wondering whether
anyone could point me towards work in Writing Studies or elsewhere that's
looked at how arguments are socially constructed and deployed by collectives
(i.e., organizations, institutions, 'discourse coalitions') as opposed to
individuals?

(I'm going to post this query to the CATTW listserv as well, so I'm sorry if
you get this message twice.)

Thanks very much,
Graham

Acting Supervisor of Graduate Studies
School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies

Graham Smart
Associate Professor
Carleton University
School of Linguistics & Applied Language Studies
215 Paterson Hall
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada  K1S 5B6