I'm reminded of the opening sentence in one section of my undergraduate
physical psychology textbook: "The amount of nicotine in one cigarette, if
injected directly into the bloodstream, would kill a person."  Scott

>===== Original Message From Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
>What is so hard to understand here??? Nicotine is a great poison .... it
>even works  on the nasty bugs in  our gardens ... are we so adicted to
>being "practiced " upon that we have to try another  angle to introduce more
>toxins into our bodies. Levodopa  by it self is a heck of a trade off ....
>we get rid of some short term, annoying, or embarising  symptoms  so that we
>can do the  dyskenesia dance later on?? Time to wake up and be thankful
>that we are  not  battling the  big C or some other equally teminal  malady.
>They symptoms may be difficult, but there are other ways to deal with Mr.
>Parkinson and still enjoy and be thankful for our life experiences without
>introducing more toxins. I wouldn't give nicotine to my service dog, George,
>either!
>
>"drink upstream from the herd" ..... Rob

Scott E. Antes
Department of Anthropology
Northern Arizona University
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-5200