dear Angela,         I just read your message ''have you ever
wondered?''
and  I wanted to tell  you about my God child Robin.
                              It was on Mother's day that  Bobbie and
Dickie (Robin's parents)  were told that their 3 year old daughter was
'brain  damaged' and would
live her life   as a  6 month old baby.  And the  doctors   recommended
that Robin   be institutionalized   as soon as possible.
They both said  that they would never    do that to their child.  And
they never did.
Robin was cared for by her family at home  for 45 years.   Robin died at
home
on July 11, 2005 from colon cancer, she was 45 years old.

Robin was hospitalized for about a month before her death.  The hospital
staff was amazed that Robin never had a bed sore.  Bobbie would never
leave her daughter's side.  She dragged a lawn chair (the long kind)
into Robin's  room for herself to sleep on during the night.  The staff
brought into the room a recliner for Bobbie to sleep on
which is much more comfortable.  The Staff at the hospital - Robert Wood
Johnson University Hospital in NJ was wonderful !, absolutely caring in
the kindness manor with Robin and family.

Through the many years there were some professional healthcare people
that  seemed  'cold and as a matter of fact' typed.   But of course,  we
prefer to talk with the compassionate ones.  And, in the sixties you
could not buy health  nor life insurance for a sick child .

A few years after being diagnosed,  there came this ''hope of a
promise'.  It was called ''patterning''.  The child had to be  stopped
walking.  The child  was exercised for hours each day  at 10 minute
intervals.  3 adults helped the child mimic crawling.  The purpose was
to stimulate the brain.

For 3 years, 2 classes  each year, I and other patients of choronic  and
incurable disesases, sp