From: rayilynlee [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:33 AM
To: parkinsn
Cc: Jean Burns; Don C. Reed; Diane Wyshak
Subject: Update on Research in AZ

Jean Burns  got an email response from Dr. Rogers to the effect that he
plans on contacting Dr. Levesque.  He admits their research is "similar".
I told him about Levesque last spring but he put me down, so I'm glad to
hear he is finally moving in that direction.  Since Levesque's experiment is
8 or 9 years old by now and Phase II has been stalled 3 years, I conclude
Rogers is not exactly cutting edge.  He told me last spring his cells came
from a cadaver brain and were still lively (Sun Health is supposedly a big
brain donation center).   Looks lilke he is several steps behind Levesque.
Levesque has not answered my email re status of Phase II.

Have not received confirmation from Jean that Rogers actually received grant
from M J Fox.  I personally think they are too savvy to back this guy.    I
don't know why he thinks  PD will be cured in his lifetime at the rate he is
going.  I guess not working together is a big problem in the scientific
community, but I attribute his negligence to arrogance and poor scholarship.
Even on the MA level when writing papers your first task is to find out what
has already been done - I'm speaking as a "historian" now.  This
Levesque/Turner experiment was touted as a "cure" by the FRC and Religious
Right.  How could he not have known about it?

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation