In a message dated 11/19/2007 2:03:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  QUESTION 1): What does anyone here know about Mirapex, and what
>  experience does anyone here have with it? I'm interested mainly in
>  folks who are taking it by itself. (I browsed through the archive,
> and  didn't find a lot that is relevant)
Mirapex is the  prescription drug for restless leg syndrome. I am
surprised that this was  prescribed by your neurologist.

This last statement is WRONG!  When Mirapex was first approved in  1997, the
approval letter stated "for the treatment of the signs and  symptoms of
idiopathic Parkinson's disease" (quoted from the FDA approval letter  dated July 1,
1997).

It has gotten a lot of attention for RLS because of recent
direct-to-consumer advertising.  The RLS indication was only approved last  year.

Wilson DeCamp
Leesburg, VA
(retired from 22+ years at FDA)