Commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the Udall Act: Support PAN Advocates
Today!More Info

Dear Friend of the Parkinson's Community,
On November 13, 1997 - a major step was taken to finding a cure for
Parkinson's disease. Thanks to the advocacy of thousands of volunteers ten
years ago, the original Udall Act was enacted by Congress.  This
groundbreaking legislation not only established the strategic direction of
Parkinson's research and created the Morris K. Udall Centers of Excellence
for Parkinson's Disease Research, but it was also one of the first of many
grassroots advocacy successes of the Parkinson's community.
Many PAN advocates were on the front lines of this first success including
PAN Texas State Coordinators Joe and Nina Brown.  "It was wonderful to be
part of PAN's first major success and the importance of that success has
helped fuel the passion we possess to find better treatments and a cure for
Parkinson's," recalled the Browns.
The programs contained within the Udall Act have been successful.  We have a
much better understanding of the disease now than we had ten years ago and
we remain ever hopeful for better treatments and a cure.  But, as we all
know, we have a long way to go before we can celebrate an anniversary of
having overcome Parkinson's.
To help us reach that day of celebration, PAN advocates need your help.
Volunteer advocacy is not free.  When PAN advocates go out to speak at
support groups or represent PAN at scientific conferences they must prepare
materials, travel to the event, and sometimes pay a small registration fee.
While $10 or $25 may not seem like a lot of money to many, PAN's ability to
reimburse an advocate for these costs can make the difference between PAN
advocates being able to go out and speak on Parkinson's disease issues or
that same advocate having to decline that opportunity because of the
expense.
To help advocates who may not be able to incur even the seemingly small
costs of photocopying and mileage, PAN created the Milly Fund, named in
memory of Milly Kondracke, one of Parkinson's original grassroots leaders.
The Milly Fund is a volunteer expense reimbursement fund.  What is unique
about the Milly Fund is that 100% of all contributions go directly to
reimburse advocates - no organizational costs are paid for with Milly Fund
contributions.
We hope that you will include PAN's Milly Fund among the worthy charities
that you support this time of year to help us continue our strong and
effective grassroots program.
A gift of $10 can help an advocate prepare materials for a meeting and cover
long distance telephone expenses;
A gift of $25 allows an advocate to drive to a Parkinson's support group
meeting in a neighboring city to speak on PAN's advocacy agenda; and
A gift of $100 or more will allow a PAN advocate to attend a conference and
educate others about the good work of PAN in order to expand our ever
growing network of advocates.

Please make your tax-deductible donation to PAN/Milly Fund today by clicking
on the link below:

 http://www.parkinsonsaction.org/content/view/15/37/

Thank you for your commitment to PAN's work. Please be as generous as you
can.
With grateful appreciation,

Amy Comstock Rick
Chief Executive Officer      Anne Udall
     Chairman of the Board

Rayilyn Brown
Board Member AZNPF
Arizona Chapter National Parkinson's Foundation