Hello,

I am new to this list.  I am 56 years old and have just been diagnosed with
Parkinson Disease.  In 1994 I was diagnosed with breast cancer...had surgery
and radiation.  I am a survivor.  Then in July of this year I had a mild
Heart attack; a stint put in and I survived that.  Then in September of this
year I was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease which I am not a stranger to
because my mother had it for 22 years and I just hope I do as well as she
did for many years.  I helped her and was her care taker.

I think I have known since 1994 that I had PD just not enough symptoms to
have a good diagnosis.  It was not until I had the heart attack did I have
the tremor.  Before that I also did not take any type of medication for
anything. Then I was put on 5 medications.  The tremor came in full force in
my left hand.

I the found a movement disorder Neurologist .   He confirmed I had PD.   I
have very mild symptoms:  some lack of coordination on my left side, some
muscle rigidity in my left leg and now a tremor.  Put me on Azilect .5 mg
but that did not seem to help the tremor ,  which was wearing me out.  He
has now increased it to 1 mg..  which helped a lot.  My question is has
anyone had this experience:  I take the medicine in the morning and  it
seems to me about 45 min. after I take meds My tremor is more evident and my
left hand fingers pull in and cramp. It is like that most of the day.  I
have only been on meds for 2 months. By morning it is not so bad.  My dr.
says give it sometime and I intend to but just wondering if  anyone has
experienced this so soon in the disease.

I am looking forward to being part of this list.  Things have changed since
I was actively involved when my mother was alive.

Susan