> My neurologist prescribed Mirapex, a dopamine agonist. This was when
> I first saw him a year ago. I haven't started taking it yet. I'm
> quite conservative with respect to pharmaceuticals, especially ones
> that haven't been around for a long time. (Too often new
> pharmaceuticals turn out to be harmful.)

Hi,
you will soon learn that what works for one doesn't necessarily work for
another.
Some neuros start their patients on ldopa, some on agonists. All meds have
side effects, some worse than others. One side effect to watch for is
compusive behaviour. That can be destructive and take many forms ( sex,
spending, gambling, etc) but is reversible.
Have a look at the list archives, you will find tons of infos
Maryse cg John 78,18