_If music be the food of  love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite  may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:
O, it  came o'er my ear like the sweet sound
That breathes upon a bank of  violets,
Stealing and giving odour!_ (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/25250.html)

_William  Shakespeare_
(http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/William_Shakespeare/)  (1564 - 1616), "Twelfth Night", Act 1 scene 1

========Original Message========     Subj: Re: hello & question re: PD &
Music  Date: 11/26/2007 2:01:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time  From:
[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])   To: [log in to unmask]
(mailto:[log in to unmask])   Sent on:
Quoting "Paula E. Jayne"  <[log in to unmask]>:

> hello all - thank you for this  resource.
>
> I have been reading about using music as therapy for  PD patients (my dad
has
> PD) and wondered if there are particular  composers / CDs / types of rhythms
> that people have found to be  helpful.    any suggestions or places to look
> for
> more  information are welcome.
>
> thank you.
> Paula  Jayne

I can't say about particular types of music, I suspect  it's whatever type you
prefer, however my tremor stops almost completely when  I get absorbed in
playing a musical instrument (maybe my neighbours start  shaking instead, as
I'm not that brilliant at  it!)
Amanda

This  mail sent through  http://www.ukonline.net

To  sign-off Parkinsn send a message to: mailto:[log in to unmask]
In  the body of the message put: signoff parkinsn

products.